Saturday 1 September 2007

'Eurovision Dance Contest'

Well tonight I should have started ironing the ever increasing pile of ironing awaiting in the utility, however I chose to collapse on the sofa in front of the first ever Eurovision Dance Contest, and believe me I am so glad I did! I had originally decided to watch it because I love all these dance shows on TV, the dancers are always so amazing, and I get so jealous because the girls all look so good and I would have loved to be able to dance like they do; however, I was in absolute hysterics at the very apt commentary by Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli (probably spelt wrong). I found myself in tears from laughing at some of their comments, so Terry Wogan watch out, you have competition! And of course Graham Norton and Claudia Winkleman were and genius selection by the producers - the looks on Grahams face while the spokes people for each country were giving their votes, very comical indeed. Commiserations to Switzerland who scored 'nil point', and congratulations to Ireland who came third! Of course we have come to expect that in such competitions we always come close to bottom of the table these days, and tonight was no different. We hardly saw Brendan and Camilla though, so we will never know if Brendan stormed off in a huff or not!? Very cheesy but thoroughly enjoyable, may it long continue into the years to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had no idea there was such a thing as a Eurovision Dance contest! I bet it's even funnier than the songs. Good luck with planning the wedding, it's great fun, but it's amazing how it can run away from you. (I think you should get the dress you want!)