Wednesday 12 September 2007

Sadly I cant find a picture to capture the hilarity, or a green sixties style pattern to help you visualise the sheer cringe-worthiness

I have just pulled off the quickest ever 'tidy' of the house on record, ready for a couple of viewings we have lined up tomorrow; as Ali's bedtime was suddenly upon us and D was busy cutting the grass and tidying the three metre square garden! Small but perfectly formed I hasten to add! No really, D thinks the grass is a jungle when I think actually it is starting to look green as opposed to yellow for a change. I have to say, a large proportion of 'stuff' ended up in the wardrobes and cupboards on this occasion due to lack of time. Who am I kidding, that always happens. Of course there is now a mound of belongings precariously piled up on what used to be our bed, due to the need to vacate the loft, ever so gorgeously draped by a sixties style print throw, which probably did originate in the sixties, to try and mask all the rubbish we hoard as a family. Half way through 'My bonnie lies over the ocean' while putting Ali to bed tonight (it takes both of us now to actually get her into bed), trying to maintain something resembling 'in tune' between us, it strikes me again how crazy this whole set up is. The MIL arrives Friday and not only do we not have anything other than the sofa to offer her to sleep on while she comes to take care of her grand-daughter for us, but I have now used her bed covers (the sixties print throw) to camouflage our crap! Give me strength.

No comments: