Saturday 15 September 2007

Routine evening blab

Four shifts left until my two weeks holidays, and counting down! Sooooooo ready for them like I have never felt before. I will have worked since February the 6th without a holiday, that's over 7 months! Was trying to get some kind of late deal just to say we were going somewhere but is now a bit late to get Ali a passport, and to be honest the thought of trying to manage Ali in an airport, on a plane and at a resort of any kind, so far from home, for longer than a day, fills me with dread! Now Ali is usually pretty well behaved but is very exhaustive in any new situation, this combined with a busy airport, confined plane space and unfamiliar resort will be enough to drive me demented! Great, I have just talked myself out of it, that saves me a lot of time and bother!



Me and D are currently having an argument about whether or not to take the new kitten to the MIL's house (well one bed-roomed flat that is smaller than our house!), when we take her home. I bet you have already guessed that I am the one 'suggesting strongly' that we don't take him, given that it is usually enough trying to manage Ali in unfamiliar territory, and he is as fast as lighting so it will be a nightmare trying to keep him indoors. Also the car journey is about three to four hours long - could you imagine the bloody car journey. Stinking of cat shit and miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow, shut up! But I think I am losing this argument as I was the one who convinced him to get the kitten, so have compromised by saying that he has to manage the shit, feeding, maintaining and petting while we are away, solely on his own, as I will not partake in it when there are very willing neighbours here who would love to look after him! Problem solved.


Best friend Ali in France, if you're reading this, I had a photo of us that snowy New Years Eve in Newcastle, in my handbag amongst some of Ali (daughter) which my colleagues wanted to see, and the general consensus was that you looked like Kate Moss! How exciting. So there you go. Kate Moss strutting on the catwalk rather than Kate Moss collapsed on the boardwalk I would imagine! This is so bad, keeping in touch through a blog - a long 'blah' on the phone is definitely called for.

No comments: