Wednesday 3 October 2007

To Bruce or not to Bruce?? That is the question.

I have a dilemma. Mr Bruce Springsteen is touring with the one and only E-Street band, probably for the last time I am guessing given his age (last time with the E-street band, I wouldn't dare to presume he would quit altogether as I am sure he is still in his prime!); and he only has one UK (London) date in December to the value of £150 for a ticket! So you see my problem!

Main arguments for:
- May never see him with the E-Street band again
- It was his work with the E-Street band which I love
- He may retire before I get the chance to see him at all
- I missed Tina Turner Live before she retired, which I have always regretted
- The only one of 'the greats' I have managed to see so far was Rod Stewart
- Life is too short to miss out on absolute spine tingling, hair raising music because of lack of funding
- Welcome break to the monotony of working life as would require an over night stay down South
- Much needed self prioritising = fulfilled


Main arguments against:
- Price + of travel and accommodation
- Will likely just be a dot on a stage anyway due to the size of the venue
- Ensuring childcare/babysitters
- Getting time off work???
- Finding someone to go with who is also prepared to pay their way (although my dad is interested!)
- Is just before Christmas when money is tight anyway
- Have already spent more than I have on our anniversary this October
- Will miss Ali as have only been away from her for one night since her birth and that was awful

So what would you do? Very hard decision to make!!!

No comments: