Tuesday 9 October 2007

Seahouses to reality

Well that's my holiday over now. Two days back at work and I am already moaning again! We didn't do anything in particular for our second week off, but it was nice to just all be together. Saturday proved to be a gorgeous day so we drove up the coast to Seahouses to play on the beach. My family and family friends used to holiday there during the Easter breaks in the past so I have a wealth of good memories there too. I saw some of the houses we had stayed in and did some of the things we used to do, like having an ice-cream, looking in the gift shops, playing in the arcades, looking among the rock pools on the beach for crabs, building sandcastles, playing frisbee, paddling etc. Too much to do and too little time. I think I was more excited than Ali at times. She seemed tired and even tried to sleep in her towel on the beach. Luckily she slept the journey's so we didn't have and toilet training battles like those endured to and from Scotland.

But now it is back to reality with a bump! New ward, even busier, but much more dull. Quite repetitive. Trying to be positive.

No comments: