Wednesday 22 August 2007

Waffle

It's wednesday evening, the last of my days off before rejoining the rat race, and I am making every minute count. I have a glass of port and lemonade (predominantly port!), I have put the ironing and preparation for tomorrow to one side, temporarily, (I like to think I dont hide from my responsibilities!), and I am pondering over three options which I yet have time for. A bath, continue my book - suddenly Im reading again, or listen to my new Mika CD. Of course I could combine a bath with either of the others and risk a broken discman or soggy paperback. But then there is the age old argument - do I actually want to have a bath, because I love being in the bath, and then when Im out after a while, but I hate the bit in between where Im damp, with a stiff neck and feeling faint because I made the water scalding hot. Thinking about tomorrow I am already cringing about what it may be like when I get into work, descending from a whole family of worriers I cannot prevent this feeling; and of course Im wondering how fast my heart will be beating until the clock strikes 1530hrs and I can leg it out of the building! All being well! Will I get on with my clients, will there be any emergencies, will I be on the ball, will I get through the day alive........obviously Im joking! No seriously, I still find it nerve racking but each day does get easier. I learn new things every day, I get to meet masses of new people, and I am in the priveledged position of being with them at the birth of their offspring - this of course is reason I keep going! Thursdays are not my lucky day however, it's like 'clean up' day, 'try to fit everything in before friday and the weekend because there wont be as many staff'day, 'not quite the weekend' day, 'it doesnt really matter because your on night shift friday night anyway' day. Of course I have nothing against thursdays in general, when Im not at work. D is watching the match as usual. Luckily for him I havent even considered arguing for control of the tv tonight. Oh my god I have just made a seriously unbelievable discovery so I have to cease the waffle now, Im sure you're pleased!

No comments: