Sunday 29 July 2007

Wedding


Women dream about the perfect wedding from a very early age, but men just dont seem to be bothered by the whole idea at all to start with; add to this a list of financial priorities and a partner who has previously been married once, the likelyhood of ever getting a dream wedding becomes considerably lower. Of course the source of this conflict lies in that he has been married before, he has done it all once and look where it got him -divorced, so whats the point in wasting all that money. Love, commitment, passion, devotion, family, togetherness, dont seem to come into it. So despite telling me not to focus on the past when I worry that he has been married before, he bases his whole opinion on this matter soley on the past! It transpires while I am thinking family and close friends totally 70-80 people by a loch in Scotland or a romantic castle/ruin or hotel, he is thinking me, him and A eloping to a foreign country so we can have our honeymoon straight away too. Firstly I have to say I had not planned on having my daughter at my honeymoon, and secondly what is so bad about wanting to share what is supposed to be the happiest day of my life with family and friends? What do you do to compromise when both bride and groom have such different ideas of how they want to get married? Sometimes I wonder if he actually does want to get married of if the engagment was the extent of what he was offering. I will keep you posted. Any ideas would be gratefully received!

No comments: