Sunday 29 July 2007

How To Look Good Naked

I was thinking about the unfortunate female trait of self critisism while watching this tv series shown recently. I had awaited the show with great anticipation - the title alone suggesting it would allude to secrets which would make us all sex goddesses in the bedroom! As I sat down each week I couldnt help feeling a little cheated when I realised that covering lumps and bumps with silk sheets and dressing gowns, and a makeover team of enormous proportions was the key to how each woman featured looked a million times better than at the start of the show. Because we can all just nip down to the local 'make over' store whenever we need to be gorgeous in the bedroom! I also believe that it would take more than a new hair-do, fancy undies and exfoliation to make me look good in the boudoire! However in defense of the show, they could not have chosen a better presenter. Gok Wan managed to have me captivated throughout every episode with his innate charm and genuiness with the women who were being transformed. I concluded that the way to cease self critisism and begin to love oneself is for every woman to have there own personel Gok Wan. So bring on cloning! I do challenge the show and Mr Wan to transform this post-childbearing body striped with stretch marks, supported by masculine rugby player legs and still carrying a few extra 'tyres'!

No comments: