Monday 30 July 2007

Things to do before you die!

We were saying goodbye to a guy who had come to give us a quote to convert our loft, when I noticed this hot air balloon really close to our house. When you see them with a scenic backbround I think they just look so gorgeous! One day I will get myself up in one and look down over everything because I am sure that will be a site too. It is definately on my list of things to do before I die! Along with - taking a beginners art + beginners photography course; learning piano and saxophone; singing live with a band; learning to dance the tango; designing and executing a new and innovative programme of sexual health education for teenagers; doing the great north run; keeping tropical fish; owning a pair of high heeled shoes that lace up and round the legs with ribbons or ties; being able to wear those shoes with confidence; seeing Bruce Springsteen, BonJovi, Aerosmith and Tina Turner live in concert; and driving high speed on a rally course or something of that nature. With a little more effort and of course life experience I may just get my book completed one day soon too! Hopefally these are achieveable dreams too. Of course the list does not include all the places I want to travel to before I die. Top of the list is a carnival in Rio de Janiro, closely followed by Barcelona; Morroco; Mexico; China; New Zealand; Croatia; Canada and Sweden. Sweden mainly to find out how they manage to have such high standard maternity services! Canada for the scenery and as I have friends there. New Zealand for the scenery and as D has relatives there. And the others just out of interest. I am quite sure I will not get to see all of them so I will have to prioritise, and of course save up! Travelling is the only thing I regret not doing young and before I settled down, but I have promised myself I will later in life, and of course I can go with my family which will make it even more special and probably stressful! Or so Im told! No I am sure it will be when Ali and any others are older and can appreciate everything! I really must get myself to France to see my best friend though, I miss her loads! But of course there will be no holiday this year now as it would appear we will be paying out considerably for our loft conversion which is now booked, and deposit layed down for. Woopeee! I may just get that luxury bedroom Im dreaming of after all!

No comments: