Thursday 9 July 2009


Well it would seem I have competition in the birthday cake department. A few days ago a friend of mine had a birthday party for her son who is the same ages as Ali, and she had created a 'Rory the Racing Car' cake. It was fabulous, so it seems I do not hold the monopoly in the birthday cake market. In fact it could be argued she did one better as she actually baked the cake! Damn. However, I am already planning next years creation! And it seems a friend of mine has challenged me to a retirement cake in the shape of a zimmer frame! After pondering the possibility of this for all of 2 seconds, my best offer would have to be false teeth?!

Having just ploughed on straight from a night shift to a nursery trip out to Whitehouse Farm with Ali and her class, to trampolining club, and on to a parents evening/presentation to inform us about the transition from Nursery to Reception in school; I am now taking a few short minutes to simply do nothing before a sumptuous, well deserved early night. D is reading a guide to 'Florence and Tuscany' which has me very excited. I will have to start leaving more obvious hints while the idea is in his head - get him to follow through! I think I can keep on dreaming!

No comments: