Thursday 16 July 2009

My not so little brother has now graduated with a fantastic 2:1 in Business Computing! His graduation ceremony was at the Stadium of Light - much to his horror being a Newcastle supporter, but to my dads delight being a Sunderland fan. It was a lovely ceremony, modern, in fitting with the course. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the indoor suites were great, but the food was not even average. We paid £20 each for a ticket and I was given 2 tiny sausages, a vegetable spring roll, an Indian parcel, a few cold and hard chips, a brushetta, a sandwich and a tiny little tart the size of a £2 coin. All the 'hot' food was cold by the time we got to it and you had to take your ticket up to get your meal so you weren't allowed any further food. It was a shame when everything else had been so impressive.

In a rather comedy moment the guy which my mum had been sat beside during the ceremony, (a rather gorgeous, African guy!) who had also been cheering on his best friend and his brother, asked for my brothers name and stood up and cheered him on too! Very random, but sweet I guess. How unfair is life when it is your mother being chatted up?

Incidentally I have run myself into the ground and left myself open to 'suspected' swine flu. Although no one is being tested anymore so I will never really know for sure. Anti-virals and plenty of sleep required. Mainly I feel as though my throat is on fire and like I have been hit by a bus. And although I don't have D & V, my body does not want food in it and if I eat, it rapidly leaves at the other end, up to 8 times a day! Too much detail I hear you yell. Christ, I'm turning into my mum - she has an obsession with talking about bowel movements. Enough said. Halls soothers and back to bed.

No comments: