Friday 16 January 2009

How do we beat - the pox?


I have discovered Gerard Butler and he is fit! And when he is singing Galway Girl for Hilary Swank in 'PS I Love You' I want TO BE her. I didn't think myself that fickle, but I would be anything, including fickle, for him! Sorry D! Brad Pitt an George Clooney move over - there's a new guy in town. Another Scotsman! God, I must have a thing about Scotsmen!


Ali has Chicken Pox, again!?? She is supposed to have already had it, but last time only had 5 spots, one of which became badly infected. This time, lord, she is absolutely covered bless her, and they are in really awkward places too. She has one right in the corner of her eye which she is struggling to keep her hands off, behind her ears, along her hairline, even around her anus and some in her armpits. I have scoured the local towns for some calamine lotion, but I think there must be an epidemic because all the chemists have sold out. So I am in the hope that aqueous cream will do and I am plastering her in that to cool them down and stop them itching! Otherwise she is in good spirits but we are both getting claustrophobic being housebound.


I have unfortunately had to ask for what is termed 'a family crisis day' at work because Ali cant go to the childminders or nursery. D is also back to work after being off sick so we were a bit stuck. I am worried I am starting to form a bad reputation at work though - I have now been off work more that I have been there this month. The first week in January I twisted my ankle so had to be off sick, the the second week I was on 'holiday', and was back only three days before I had the pox to deal with. I hope the rest of the year isn't going to be like this! We could do with a run of good luck, not more bad luck!


In desperate need of a night out, I'm pretending and playing music at maximum volume. Thank goodness for deep stones walls or I would also be building up a reputation with the neighbours! So this house does have one advantage! Ali has been dancing too, but just as I decided that it was awfully quiet, I realised she had laid herself on cushions in front of the fire and fallen asleep. Bless her. Does 25 mean you are too old to go clubbing? Maybe having Ali and missing a few years has left me craving it again. Will have to see if anyone is up for that for old times sake!

No comments: