Sunday 15 February 2009

Canny hoose!


Big news - the house is sold subject to contract! Woohoo! But no champagne until there is a signature on the dotted line! So the stress is now to find a house, not sell the house!


I thought I would enjoy house hunting more than I am. There is not as much choice as there was several years ago. And now having taken quite a drop in price for ours, we are certainly limited for our purchase. There are a few that we could be happy in I am sure, but do you compromise on something so important? But is it that important, because who's to say we won't move again? As long as it is re-saleable? It is impossible with what we can afford to have the location we want and the size house we would like.


It is boiling down to a really spacious house with four double bedrooms in an okay position in an okay location, or reasonable size property with three (two double) bedrooms in a really good position and really good location. The latter of course is more expensive and would stretch us, the first we could manage comfortably on a monthly basis. These are crazy hard decisions!


We had our valentines day on Friday the 13th. Friday the 13th!!! Bloody hell, that was brave. I am usually so superstitious, but there was no other time given our respective shifts. A champagne picnic......in the master bedroom! I realised the closest I was going to get to romantic candles and rose petals on the bed was if I arranged them myself. So I did. It looked beautiful - even Ali said so. I was very impressed with myself. D was more impressed with the bubbly and the afters! Such is life.


Doing more regular night shifts has been getting me down. Struggling is probably an understatement. I may have to rethink this whole situation and my childcare arrangements. When Ali starts school full time in September, my childminder will be unable to collect/drop her off anyway, so following the summer holidays I have a problem. However there is a before and after school club I could utilise - but this would mean a few very long days for Ali at school. How do you know what is best? Yet another parenting challenge. They are stacking up.

No comments: