Saturday 4 October 2008

Gonna have to start planting trees on account of the ever increasing tissue usage!


Is it possible for a three year old to have OCD? Ali is obsessed with a) washing her hands, and b) removing anything black - eg. Burnt bits on food or muck on shoes etc. I thought kids love to make a mess? Maybe this is my fault. Maybe I haven't allowed her to be messy enough. It is probably down to me. I mean, today I was buying 'crafty things' for Christmas from 'Hobby-Craft', and all of the gifts were 'tidy' craft sets, or 'no mess' compilations. And I am the kind of mother who wont allow the play dough out of the pot without a large plastic mat and my constant supervision. The mother who demands colouring inside the lines and hair to be blow dried immediately before it drys naturally and uncontrollably. Yep, I guess I answered my own question. It couldn't have come from anywhere else. Perhaps her Grandad - who likes everything at ninety degree angles!


So, I am one week away from the luxury evening for two that I booked for me and D to celebrate five years together. Still riddled with a vicious cold I am getting very worried. At this rate I have paid through the roof for champagne that will stimulate a coughing fit, a three course meal I can't taste, and an expensive nights disturbed sleep - with a pretty view. Bloody typical.

No comments: