Thursday 23 October 2008

Celibacy


So, following the screams and heartache of last nights shift, I am now celibate.....haha, yeah, not quite! But I reckon it will be sometime before any more kids! I am sure D will be glad to hear that - along with my bank account. The words 'I AM PUSHING!' are so familiar..........


Another night shift beckons after a spirit filled whole half hour with D before I go, as we pass like ships in the night, again. Ali is tarting to flake out while watching Dora which will help come bedtime.


Had lunch with a good friend of mine the other day. What we thought was going to be a quaint little cafe, was a room at the back of a local pub, with the owners 'hard of hearing' grand-mother taking orders from a chair in the kitchen doorway. When we thought we couldn't laugh anymore a waitress brought our cutlery and place mats - I will rephrase that - our cutlery and squares of lino! Disbelief. But it was great for us to catch up, an the portion sizes were enormous. Even bottomless me couldn't finish my jacket potato.


News flash! I have new, very gorgeous shoes! They are slightly tight (ordered them online), but they are so pretty that I may have to forfeit comfort in favour of crippled feet in their honour. Leather will give right?

No comments: